Machine Repair Training Report
Shamshair Ali of the FFB chaired a meeting to discuss Machine Repair Training in the Valley.
Last modified by Andy on 2018-03-24 22:14:20
Meeting Venue: Office of the Felix Foundation Baltistan
Meeting Date: February 8th, 2018
Chaired By: Mr. Shamshair Ali, GC FFB
- All Members of the Vocational Training Centre (VTC)
Objectives of Meeting
- To give self Emploment
- empowerment of women
- To get Machine Repair Training
- The meeting proceeded with the recitation of holy verses from the Holy Quran by a member.
- We have planned that one girl from each running VTC will send a women for this training. So it means one from Hushe one from Talis and one from Machulo. So I gave a message to each VTC leader to select the girls and this was done.
- I have contacted various people to get a female Trainer or Institution to organize this Training. But in Gilgit Baltistan there is no such kind of Institution. Only there are some shops where some people is doing this repairing. At last I have contacted a person from Khaplu and he agreed to manage this training in the afternoons. He agreed to come by his own bike on a daily basis and will give four hours daily training.
- A simple MOU has been designed to start this session. A small meeting was organized in the VTC Machulo and introduced both women and the trainers.
- The Tools have been purchased and handed over to the trainees. The girl from Hushe could not come, she refused due no suitable accomodation in Machulo. I offer her to stay at my home but she did not come.
- The girls From Talis requested to give opportunity to two women. Because they need to come daily and go back in the afternoon and she has no company. To ensure her safety while travelling I accepted another with her and now there are two women from Talis and two from Machulo. So there are Four Girls.
- This training is the first training for the women in our Valley, we can say that may be the first training in Ganche.
- The training has been initiated and some advance money has been paid to the trainer.
- When I took information from the trainees they are satisfied with this initiative.
- So I understand that one month training will not be enough to have lot of knowledge but it will give an opportunity to the women to know and to do some parts of their work.
- Pictures of the meeting
List of Trainee.
- KHALIMA FROM TALIS
- MARYUM FROM TALIS
- SAIMA FROM MACHULO
- ZAHRA FROM MACHULO
- THE TRAINERS FROM MACHULO SIDIQA IS LOOKING THIS BUT SHE IS NOT IN THE LIST