- About Us
- Content and Pedagogy Training
- Teacher Training Phase II
- Education Progress Report (2015-16)
- A school for deaf children
- CIE-2016 Conference
- Munawar School Plantation Day
- Girls Grant Applications, April 2016
- English Beginner Course, April 2016
- Strategic Development Plan 2016
- MPS Annual Award Ceremony, 2015
- Agriculture in the Hushe Valley, 2015
- AFAQ Education Expo...
- Pakistan Independance Day, 2015
- FFB Study Tours, August 2015
- Hushe Flood Emergency, 2015
- First Education Conference, 2015
- MPS Machulo, Sports Week 2015
- English course for Hushe women
- MPS comes 3rd in NAAT competition!
- Leadership Workshop
- TTC Inauguration, Machulo
- Pakistan Resolution Day
- Pedagogical Skill Training
- Prof. Development Center Update
- Winter Tuition Centers
- Gov. School Khaney, Results 2014
- Munawar PS, Results 2014
- Munawar PS, M III, Results 2014
- Students show their appreciation
- Biscay Project approval for two years
- Munawar School exams over 2014
- FFB has a Facebook Page!
- Students‘ corner
- Get involved
- Khidmat-e-Khalq | Volunteering
- Contact us
Leadership and Management Workshop for School Principals of Hushe Valley at PDCN
Sponsored by: Baltistan Foundation under Biscay Project
Managed by: Felix Iņurrategi Foundation Baltistan Machulo
20th to 30th April 2015
By Kamal ud Din (Program Manager for Education, Felix Iņurrategi foundation Baltistan Machulo)
- Training Team and Organization
- Themes of Workshop
- Feed Back
- Enhance professional capacity of School directors.
- Enrich schools contextual development.
- Elaborate school management tactics.
- Ensure school development in a systematic process by professionally.
The two week training course conducted at Gilgit PDCN. The course instructors were Sultan Alam and Sharifullah Baig. The sponsoring organization was FIFBM and leading of the entire activity as well by Kamal the program manager for education FIFBM. The participators were Head of Hushe Valley schools.
|S.No||Name of candidate||Sex||Qual||School||Village|
|1.||M.Khan||M||B.com||MPS 2 Machulo||Machulo|
|3.||Ayoob Hussain||M||M.A||MPS Hushe||Hushe|
|4.||Ghulam Rasool||M||B.Com||MAPS, Marzigond||Marzigond|
|5.||Hakeema||F||B.A||MPS III Machulo||Machulo|
|6.||Marzia Komal||F||F.A||MPS I Machulo||Machulo|
|7.||Shakila Bano||F||F.A||MAPS, Marzigond||Marzigond|
|8.||Kamal ud Din||M||M.A||FIFBM||Machulo|
The very first activity was the introduction of Course participants (CPs), teachers and entire course. The CPs expectations were observed and Pre test of the course was conducted. Later on Sultan Aalam introduced the Leadership and Management to CPs.
The detail terms and uses with reference to the actual context of Hushe Valley schools presented by Sharifullah Baig. In the entire day he taught;
- Reflective session of previous day
- Leadership, Management and Administration
- Types and Styles of Leadership
- Group work to identify the actual roles and actions being a principal of managerial and leadership in Hushe Valley schools by CPs
This day leaded by Sultan Alam and taught the following by relating to the Hushe Valley contextual school conflict and their tackle techniques.
- Reflection of previous lesson
- Conflict resolution
- Types of conflict and indicators of conflict
- Causes of conflict
- Conflict management
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Group work activity of self assessment through CPs
- Reflection of previous class
- Previous knowledge sharing about observation
- Observation and Feed Back
- Purpose of Class room observation
- Steps of Class room observation
- Methods of Class room observation
- Feedback method after observation to teachers
The improvement of activities and alteration of activities to introduce new techniques in schools are taught as change in management in school.
- Reflective session of previous day
- Introduction to change management
- Change agents
- Types of change management
- SWOT Analysis
- Group work of SWOT analysis of contextual problems of schools by CPs
The entire school development plan was introduced in this session.
- Reflection of previous session
- Introduction of school improvement plan
- Importance of school improvement plan
- Models of school improvement plan
- Group work on format of Whole school improvement plan by CPs of their own schools.
This activity was conducted to familiarize the school systems of Ghizir District with contextual system of Hushe Valley schools.
- Departed from Gilgit to Ghizr
- Visited Sher Qila Higher Secondary School, Ghizir
- Orientation about school to Head teachers of The Valley
- Questions and answer session with their principal to the participants
- Class room visits and meetings with school students
- School Environment visit
- Visit to library, staff room, administration office and cafeteria.
- Visited Sher Qila ECED section
- Class rooms observed
- Meeting with students
- Teachers comments and feed back to visitors
- Principal described detail system of school
- Visited DJ higher secondary school, Singul Ghizir.
- Principal introduced detail about school and the management system
- Class room visits and observations
- ECED section visited there and feedback from their staff
- Lunch at Ghizir, Gahkuch
- Back to PDCN with safe and sound
The session was conducted about the process and techniques of parent involvement in school activities to improve school.
- Reflection of previous day
- Introduction to parental involvement
- Parenting and learning at home
- Home environment
- Steps or techniques to involve parents in schooling activities
- Group work of parents involvement through the contextual sense of Hushe valley by CPs
This session was conducted to enhance and familiarize about the leadership portfolio to teachers
- Reflection of previous lesson
- Introduced leadership portfolio
- Importance and benefits of leadership portfolio
- Areas focused of leadership portfolio
- Items and procedure of making and managing leadership portfolio
- Post Test and Teacher Assessments conducted
- Group Picture with teachers
- See off- End of the Day
The course participants (school heads) gave their feedback. They were quiet happy with the course and entire time frame of the course. The processes of course training was quiet good. The taught syllabus were quiet relevant to their schools. The field visits to schools were also full of information and new experiences. They enjoyed the entire time span of excite full learning at PDCN.
- The future courses execution time is suggest to schedule before the schools starts.
- The course participants believe in maximum practical working during stay at PDCN rather than theoretical presentations.
- It may better if same level of participants attends the course, specially leadership and management.
- It may better if the entire course topics, plan of field visits and so and so discuss with the participants before visit to PDCN through FIFBM. So, they could suggest some other topics if required.
- It would be better to accommodate female teachers, who have children, in PDCN hostel rather than in Hotel. So, they could feel more comfortable and satisfy from security issues as well. Being the responsible of entire team I, Program Manager is worry that every day CPs moves from Hotel to PDCN may become victim of security because security of Gilgit City is unpredictable.
The two week leadership and management workshop for head teachers of projecting schools of Hushe Valley is successfully winded up. The course found much helpful and enhanced mind set about school related management and other relevant terms for their schooling. The spend time enjoyed by the course participants with teachers and staff of PDCN. The Head PDCN especially congratulated to course participants on behalf of PDCN on the occasion of their session completion. The leaders are aimed and motivated to improve their own schools in education. They are wishing to draw more and more girls towards education from the valley by involving parents for education. The CPs thanked to PDCN and especially to BF and FIFBM for providing them such opportunity.